Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dream Team: Jonathan Berger in House Beautiful July 2009 issue

This is the first posting of my "Dream Team" segment. "Dream Team" will consist of designers I admire (some well known, some just discovered,) or featured designers in magazines, such as this posting. Basically, if I could put together a team of the most amazing designers I have ever discovered, they would be on my "Dream Team." Let's meet the first designer!

The House Beautiful July 2009 issue features a Brooklyn Brownstone home designed by Jonathan Berger. I had never hear of him before, but apparently he grew up in my neck of the woods- Pasadena, CA!!! Thankfully he had a client that embraced his outrageous use of color and materials! This home contains many things I am passionate about and hope to have in my own home one day!

Images: House Beautiful; Photographed by Francesco Lagnese
In the living room, an Italian brass faux bamboo table with hot pink leather upholstered chairs. Silk Ikat fabric covers the chaise and chair in the background. I am in LOVE with Ikat- timeless fabric.

Hot pink wall in the entry is an interesting combination with the antiques placed against it! Very daring and very perfect! Benjamin Moore: Razzle Dazzle

This living room is like a dream! De Gournay hand painted chinoiserie wall panels cover the walls, antique mirror used to disguise what was an opening to the kitchen, antique murano glass sconces flanking the wall treatment, and the many uses of pattern, color and material show that no room needs to be matchy-match for it to work beautifully!
Antique mirror used in the cabinetry is very glamorous and perfect for a small kitchen.

A version of the 1940's Serge Roche (a famous artist of plaster and mirrored pieces) mirrored bed was used for the client's 14 year old daughter. I want to be her!

This house appeals to me in so many ways, the bed, the hot pink wall, the antiques, use of antique mirror, the chinoiserie wall covering....mmmmmmm..... this house is tasty! Thanks House Beautiful for sharing.

Cheers!
The Designista

No comments: