Saturday, September 12, 2009

September 11, 2001- September 11, 2009

The view from my apartment. That is where the WTC Twin Towers once stood. A commemorative memorial that stopped me in my tracks on my way home from work. With the hazy night, the way the light beams shot into the sky and hit the clouds was as if they transcended into heaven- beautiful and surreal.


I have met people since I lived here, and even prior to my move, who were here that horrible day. I know people who have lost loved ones and cannot imagine their pain on this day. I still get emotional even thinking about it, and truthfully, I try not to. With a brother who toured twice in Iraq as a marine, a sister who works daily on the rebuliding of One World Trade Center, another brother at the Naval Academy, as well as knowing many others who work to rebuild our community, the country, and the fight for our freedom, I believe, in fact I have to believe, we have made progress in this fight against hatred.


God bless those no longer with us and the families of those who served our country selflessly- 3,000 people who went to work on Tuesday morning, September 11, 2001. And let us not forget all the service men and women who dutifully went abroad, many enlisting after 9-11, to serve and protect our freedom and what we stand for as a country, the United States of America. And to them, I salute you and thank you with all my heart.

No comments: