Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to Basics: Nature

Like I said before, I have been going through my inspiration file magazine rip outs and came across the above picture. To me that picture is so gorgeous and I wish I was, at this very moment, standing in the midst of those hot orange and chartreuse green leaves and mist in the background. Isn't it surreal?


I started noticing other pictures I ripped out that had the same color scheme. Like these Christian Louboutin heals that were in a www.shopvogue.com advertisement a couple years back. Yes, the shoes are fabulous, but I loved the green satin mixed with red leather combination. So, we can see how the colors of nature influence fashion, but I wanted to see if I could find any interior shots that were influenced by this same color scheme. Then I came across this Nina Campbell advertisement for Osborne & Little (fabric house for "to the trade" only customers.)



First I want to point out, that none of these images look "Christmasy" in the least. Do you think so? Always think outside the box with color schemes. A slight acid green mixed with red that is more blue than orange can make all the difference.


Bottom line, designers and artists are often drawn to nature for inspiring them in their art. There is no reason why you can't do so as well!

Cheers!

The Designista

No comments: