Saturday, August 22, 2009

Amy D caught in a Paparrazzi Frenzy with Kelis!

R&B singer Kelis with her new Baby boy Knight, and me, Amy D on the left hand side!
Click here for more pics and story


One day when leaving work, I did as I usually do- put my sunglasses on, put my ipod on, and walk to the subway. As I was walking, I looked up from the ground and was startled by loud yelling and many photographers standing right in front of me. I had no idea what was going on, but knew there was someone famous around me. Well, it was Kelis. I knew somewhere I would be included in the shots- Kinda Cool!

One thing that is interesting is that I worked on Kelis' wedding a few years ago to rapper Nas. I dined with her, spoke to her on the phone many times, sat in her bridal suite the day of her wedding, etc. I always wondered what I would do if I saw her in NYC one day, not knowing if she would remember me. Well, the moment came and went, because I certainly wasn't going to be the girl walking up to Kelis in the midde of a Pap frenzy!

It was fun though! I can't believe how many celebrities I see nearly everyday.

Cheers!

The Designista

1 comment:

anne said...

Wow! What are the odds? Not that you would get in apaparazzi (sp?) photo, but that the one celebrity-type person that you had extended dealings with, in a city of 7 million people, would be the person in the picture. Trippy. There are no coincidences in life, you know.