Thursday, October 15, 2009

Metropolitan Home & Showtime House: Tribeca- I am there!





If you are like me at all, the days just seem to fly by. Right now I am so intent upon doing and seeing things in this amazing city- the design capital of the world, the city that never sleeps, the city that offers more free things to do than anywhere else (which I haven't utilized AT ALL, but will) - basically, a concrete playground full of culture and excitement.

So..... I have been talking about going to the Metropolitan Home's Showtime house in Tribeca since this summer, and have yet to go. Well, thank goodness I sat in the bed last night catching up on reading the mags and found that this weekend is the last weekend! Phew! That was a close one. Going to be there on Sunday.....

The showcase house is designed by top designers whose rooms are inspired by the Showtime series: Dexter, Californication, The Tudors, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, and The United States of Tara.

Here are a few images from the MetHome web site.

Californication Entry



Nurse Jackie Bedroom


Tudors Dining Room


United States of Tara Living Room


Weeds Dining Room


Weeds/ United States of Tara Terrace


I am really looking forward to this showhouse. I love designs inspired by something completely unrelated to design, such as this house- TV shows. It keeps you on your toes, and thinking out of the creative box. Tickets are $20 and open from 10-5 on Sunday.


Anyone want to join me?


Cheers!


The Designista

No comments: