Monday, October 12, 2009

Back with Heart and Soul

(Nordstrom Ad I ripped out years ago)
I thought I would start off by saying how much I appreciate all of you who have contacted me, asking me "where I was." It's nice to know how much people appreciate reading my dailing rantings. I have been a bit overwhelmed at work and in life, and frankly, was getting a little stale on my postings. Nothing was creatively flowing from my brain any more. The Designista felt lost, with no theme and no heart, and I needed to take a little break to find its soul again.


I thought it appropriate to start this "welcome back" post, and yes, I am welcoming myself back, with the above advertisement. I was moved the moment I saw it- Nordstrom did its job! Not only does it appeal to my fashion sense, but to my inner most thoughts. I have had this on my refridgerator for possibly more than three years. It reminds me how we must go out and find our place in this world and in life- we can't sit back and wait for it to happen.


I know, this all may seem like a dramatic explanation for why I have been MIA, but it was important for me to share. And com'on, let's face it, I have never been one to shy away from talking..... my life is pretty much an open book.


So, that being said, I am going to apply the saying, "What if you didn't wait for opportunity to knock," to my blog, THE DESIGNISTA. And truthfully, to all aspects of my life. I have always dreamt of having this blog among many other aspirations, and love having the voice to discuss design, my social life, and my expedites through this new place- NYC.


There will be many things to look forward to, as I am trying to fine tune my purpose and theme of The Designista. But here are a few new things that will be added to the mix. Some I already do, but will do more, and others are suggested posts and ideas, as well as things to bring more traffic and excitement to the site.

  • More postings - Not all long - essays as my sister calls them :)
  • Do-it-yourself ideas- Focused mostly on DIY projects I do
  • Shop Stops (visiting more stores)
  • Ask The Designista- Quick Fix answers to reader's design related questions
  • Inspirations Everywhere- (taking more pics of things I see on the street and around NYC)
  • Ettiquette and Entertaining
  • Trends
  • Wish List- One item I absolutely love
  • A little more of, as my friend put it, "New-Girl-makin-it-in-the-Big-City," type of if posts. I really enjoy writing those.
  • Revamped Design (actually, more like- I need to bring a design to The Designista)
  • Twitter- Something every blogger does, and think sounds fun. I mean, the other day I literally ran into Drew Barrymore on the street, that could be an interesting little twitter update, not to mention all the countless design ideas I see throughout the day
  • Facebook Page- Also, essential to the online world.

I would really like suggestions from all of you telling me what you would like to see on THE DESIGNISTA. What makes you keep coming back? What do you want to see less of?

Thanks for being loyal and supportive, and so look forward to building this blog to something really special.

Cheers,

The Designista

No comments: