Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Centerpiece

Hello my friends! I know I have been absent for a very long time. I have dearly missed you, missed the writing, and missed the creative outlet this blog provides for me. Time management has been a key ingredient missing from my life since starting my job in July. And this past month with Halloween, countless personal and professional events I have attended, and an extraordinary work load, my exhaustion has been severe. But I think I have things figured out (we'll see what that means...yes, I know, you have heard me say that before)

On that note, let's start off with some Thanksgiving fun! My sister and her fiance are hosting Thanksgiving dinner at their home, and I (of course - I begged) am providing the centerpiece. Not sure what the linens and tableware look like, so this is a massive undertaking for me- playing design-by-ear, but I will persevere and hopefully it will turn out marvelously!

I love to do centerpieces that are unusual and unexpected- i.e. not using the typical color palette, or florals for a holiday centerpiece. I was at Pier One Imports last night, and saw these empty wine/ olive oil bottles and the flood gates opened to some out-of-the-box ideas....


Going to line these in a straight line down the center of the table with long tapered white candlesticks placed in the opening of the bottle. Thinking about filling the bottles with something colorful, but not sure yet, with smaller vases/ votives at the base of the bottles. Flowers will be placed in and around the bottle necks..... Still in the planning mode.



On my walk home, I remembered this image I had pulled years ago. Very similar to what I have planned.

We'll see how it turns out....... Now - Off to the Union Square farmers market to get the goods!

Cheers my friends! Happy Thanksgiving!


The Designista

No comments: